Winter is upon us! I kind of have a hard time with winter, especially after the holiday season ends, so I’m compiling a master list of happy things on the internet kind of for my own benefit. You’re welcome to check these out too if that’s your thing.
CHEERFUL ALBUMS YOU CAN LISTEN TO IN ENTIRETY ON YOUTUBE (for now)
- The Beach Boys-Sounds of Summer
- The Beach Boys-Pet Sounds
- The Beatles-A Hard Day’s Night
- The Beatles-Help!
- Vampire Weekend-Vampire Weekend
- Vampire Weekend-Contra
- Spice Girls-Spice
- Gwen Stefani-Love. Angel. Music. Baby.
- She & Him-Volume 2 (much cheerier than volumes 1 and 3 trust me on this) (also there are some music videos in this playlist instead of just audio and they’re as quirky as fuck)
HAPPY THINGS ON NETFLIX
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- Bob’s Burgers
- Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse
- Dexter’s Laboratory
- Alice in Wonderland
- Our Idiot Brother
- Roman Holiday
- An entire Youtube playlist of silly interviews with Vampire Weekend (there are nearly 50 of them!)
- A quick Youtube search for “baby deer learning to walk”
- Cute Things Falling Asleep
- Hark, A Vagrant! comic strips
- Some fun dress-up games because I am not an adult
- Kim Possible games on the Disney Channel website (you can probably find others like that Lilo and Stitch one where you make the sandwiches or that Lizzie McGuire one where you paint Miranda’s nails idk)
- Remember the Ryan Gosling “hey girl” meme? Well it’s still hilarious and great and here is where to find all of the different variations.
- Ezra Koenig’s Twitter account. It’s the best thing on the entire internet tbh.
- Click some squares
- Rainy Mood
- Calming piano music
- Virtual drumkit
- Online karaoke
- Find a song by singing or humming or record your own
- Listen to music with friends
- Never ending playlist
- Listen to all the audio posts you’ve ever reblogged
Sites that will cheer you up
- Little Alchemy
- The Nicest Place on the Internet
- Chicken on a raft
- Do some art or watch someone else do art
- Play Cards Against Humanity
- Watch some episodes of your favourite TV series
- Free compliments
- Look at some cute pictures
- Random acts of kindness or heartwarming stories
- Play Tetris
- Donate rice to people who need it
- Have a stickman adventure
- A masterpost of Disney movies
- Huge masterpost with lots of movies
Feeling better? No? Have some happy videos.
- Troye reaching a million subs
- Troye’s mushy musical montage
- Tyler reaching a million subs
- Zoe reaching a million subs
- Louise reaching a million subs
- Louise’s birthday video
- Connor reaching a million subs
- Joe hit a million subs
- Hannah reaching a million subs
- Grace reaching a million subs
- Jack’s 1 million video
Are you okay?
- 7 Cups of Tea
- Hotlines for suicide, rape, depression and many other things
- Make everything OK.
I hope you feel better.
Remember, my ask box is always open! ♥
i don’t care about straight girls who are afraid to cut their hair short in case they get called lesbians, i care about the fact that lesbians are being used as fucking insults
So let me tell you about the shittiest parent on the motherfucking planet.
I work at a grocery store and this man comes in with his 11 year old son. He buys a pack a cigarettes and a two cases of beer. The son was holding a two dollar drawing pad and placed it on the belt and I guess the dad didn’t notice it at first but when I was about to scan the pad he asked where’d it have come from and turned towards the kid and asked “Did you put that shit up there?”. He told me to put it back and then told his 11 year old child that he “ain’t paying for that gay ass notebook.”. So I looked at the kid, who was close to tears and saying how he ran out of paper at home and my heart broke. So I gave the pad to him, for free, and told the dad I would take care of it. I gave the kid some tokens for a game outside and said I would look forward to buying some of his drawings and paintings when he’s all famous. He kids face was so priceless and I thought everything was good. But then, about 10 ten minutes after giving the kid his notebook, I walked outside and saw this. The drawing pad all ripped up and tossed on the pavement. I could only imagine what happened in the parking lot, but I know that that poor kid heart is fucking ripped apart, just like this pad.
I’m fucking horrified that there are parents like this, who, just because it’s not masculine or gender specificthey won’t let their children follow their true passions or explore interests that lead to their happiness. Even more so, I’m horrified that parents don’t care about the fine arts anymore because it doesn’t have job security. Since when did it ever matter to a child if their passion makes them money or not? Parenting is about supporting whatever makes your child happy. Have some fucking consideration for your child’s wants not your homophobic and anti-art ideals.
Everybody needs to see this
it’s back, and i will not NOT reblog it v.v ever
what is gay about drawing anyway? you’re holding a pencil and sliding it over a bloody piece of paper, it’s not like you’re trying to suck a cock
What people think recovery looks like vs. what it really looks like